EDGE stands for Explain Demonstrate Guide Enable.
EDGE is utilized at YLT to give the Scouts tips on how to be good leaders.
Be-Know-Do Leadership Memory Tips
- Vision – Goals – Planning: Creating a Picture of Future Success
- SMART Goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely
- Planning and Problem-Solving Tool: What, How, When, Who
- Assessment Tools: SSC – Start, Stop, Continue
- Conflict Resolution Tool: EAR – Express, Address, Resolve
- Ethical Decisions: Right vs. Wrong, Right vs. Right, Trivial
- Communication: MaSeR – Message, Sender, Receiver
- Valuing People: ROPE – Reach out, Organize, Practice, Experience